Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hey all! Ken's in the middle of his 3rd chemo treatment and we may have finally found a cocktail of meds that work for him!! His vomiting has been much less frequent this time than in the previous treatments. Yeah!

They will be taking a scan on the 28th of this month, then on to the next round of three. If they go as well as this one has so far, we'll be in good shape. As agonizing as it is to watch my poor guy throw up, I was comforted by his comment that no matter how much he throws up, none of it is as bad as what the radiation did to him. So, at least we don't have to do that anymore.

He is still refusing vistors. I know you all want to see him but he is very cautious about not catching a cold or the flu or any of those other yucky things that could set him back in any way. You will be happy to know though that he has kept his sense of humor throughout this entire ordeal. Always giving me and the other nurses a hard time. His spirits are pretty good and he has really enjoyed having the time to just sit and think. Life doesn't allow much time for pondering, and I am glad for him, considering how much runs through his genius head on any normal day.

My days are filled to the brim with all that has to be done around here and I apologize for all the time between postings; I'll try to post again real soon. Until then-lots of love-Inga

2 comments:

  1. We prayed for Ken at Bell choir practice on Wednesday. Even though you don't hear from me too often, let Ken know that we pray for him at home and at church. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! (Your message brought tears to my eyes...)

    Laura

    ReplyDelete