Wednesday, July 28, 2010

To all of Ken's dear friends,

Our Kenny passed away this morning. The fight was just too much, and he was ready. He went peacefully, with Mike and I at his side, holding his hand.

The entire night before, Kenny was sleeping peacefully, as I kept the vigil through the night. And, there was a very curious occurrence: the fluorescent light in his room kept going on and off, all by itself. Around 11:00pm, I summoned the hospital maintenance man on-duty, and with the lights off, talking in whispers, (so that we wouldn't wake Kenny), I held the flashlight as the maintenance man removed the light switch cover and then disconnected the wires that fed the power to the light. That should have done it, right? Well, ten minutes later, the light started going on and off again. So, I summoned the maintenance man again, and he couldn't figure out what was going on! ... Once again, we were working in the dark, whispering, as I held the flashlight, and the maintenance man removed the light bulbs from the fixture. How weird is that???

Inga and Ken's sister Gina said that the same thing was happening earlier the day prior. And, the light only did this when Ken was asleep. Psychic spiritual energy??? We believe it was...

Inga and Ken's family are making arrangements and getting everything figured out, and we will let you all know what is happening, as soon as we can.

Love to you all,
Laura

7 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear of Kenny's passing. He fought a great fight. Inga, Laura, Matt, and all of you showed your love and caring through your obvious devotion to him. He was very lucky to have all of you, and I am sure he knows it, now he will watch over you. I wish I could have been of some help. Kenny always treated me like part of his extended family, and I will not forget him. I will be watching for further arrangments.

    My Love, Thoughts, and Prayers, Mike Bredemeyer

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to express the depth of loss I feel and I am sure everyone who reads this blog feels right now. Kenny touched so many people....in so many different ways. He was WAY more than a "Harley mechanic", he was my friend and I will miss him terribily, as I am sure you all will.

    Dave Winkel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Da-
    Our prayers and thoughts are with you and the rest of Ken's family. We are going to miss his kindness and gentleness. Take care, sweetie, we will be talking to you soon. Aunt Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so sorry to hear abot Kenny's passing. He was a very good friend to us. Inga if we can do anything we are just a phone call away.



    Glenn & Donna Weaver

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dad & I are sorry and sad to hear of Kenny's passing. He was a awsome Boss,Teacher & Man. I will miss working & just B S ing with him.
    Inga & Family if you need anything please call me
    Walt

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a very sad day for me.......goodbye my friend.....I will remember you always....we will ride again in a much better place....and best wishes to all the family who have been such a great part of my growing up.....oh how 46 years go by in such a blink of an eye and all the great times/fun/not so fun/ times we had it has been a wonderful ride.......I know you are having a party tonight with Johnny and Dave and I know grandma Anchutiz is watching out for you ....
    Bless you Kenny Dean for being my friend..
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will miss my friend! I will never forget all of our late night conversations, discussing our problems and life in general and even how to fix the world.lol Kenny was a true friend who helped me on more than one occasion and who was always there for me over the 25yrs that we were friends. If I can help in anyway please let me know! I pray for peace for all of you!

    ReplyDelete