Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hey everyone! Sorry it's been so long. Things move at such a pace around here.

Ken is doing so well! He has gained back half of the weight he had lost. He is holding steady at 165 lbs. He is eating like a horse. He is trying diligently to eat as much as possible before his chemo treatment on Monday. I am just so proud of him.

We are also pushing the alkaline water that Laura spoke about in the last post. In addition to The Selvaggio's, I would like to thank Jim Gall for quickly coming over to install the ionizer with no prior notice. In the middle of racing season with thousands of things to do and he dropped everything to come to our aid. Where would we be without such good friends? You guys are just the best!

I would also like to thank Ken's uncle Chuck for coming to cut my grass this week. Ken slept to the sound of lawnmower blades magically cutting his grass without him. And thanks to our dear sweet Matthew for stepping up and helping his Dad with all the heavy lifting he cannot currently handle. The maturity and compassion he has shown for Ken in these recent months makes me so proud. Ken, too.

Thanks for checking in. Next week may be nasty, (it's Ken's second week of chemo, after having had the last two weeks off, in this 18-week "1 week of chemo w/ 2 weeks off; x 6" treatment), but I'll try to post when I can. Love to all! Inga

1 comment: