Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January 13th, 2010 (Wednesday) Update from Inga

Hello to all. Some of you are just finding out and are visiting this site for the first time. Thanks for checking in. I know it is hard on each and every one of you. It is a lot to take in. But the comment I am hearing from most all of you is that you never new him to be sick. Ever. That is what we are counting on to get him through. He is a very healthy guy otherwise. Let's just hope he doesn't try to fix himself......

Awhile back, three or four years maybe, Ken was having a problem with his shoulder. He couldn't raise his arm above his head. It was too stiff. About the time he couldn't get his coat on by himself and I was nagging him to death to go to the doctor, he was underway with a project which included re-wiring a light switch. He warns me ahead of time" I'm going to do this hot". Great... I am in the other room when he yells for me. I race in and he is standing there with his arm out-stretched and a dumb look on his face. "Are you alright?" I asked. He says "I've never had that happen before. It shocked me but only in my shoulder. My shoulder doesn't hurt!" I grabbed his coat and made him put it on. No problem! He cured himself.

Then a year or so later his wrist was getting stiff. He had a hard time playing guitar, and it seemed to be getting worse. Until one day he was out shoveling the driveway (one of his favorite pastimes) and slipped, landing directly on his wrists and forearms. And of course HIS WRIST HURT NO MORE!! Who needs doctors when you can fix yourself?

He is going to need a lot of strength in order to fix himself this time. But we have all the faith in the world that that is exactly what he is going to do.

Not a lot of new info. They are still trying to get his feeding tube squared away. I'll know more tomorrow.

Ken's sister Gina is coming this weekend and we are looking forward to seeing her and her family. It will be nice to see the kids and take a break from the mundane cancer discussions and talk about things that are really important like Hannah Montana and Transformers.

Thanks for checking in. Until next time. Inga

No comments:

Post a Comment