Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1st, 2010: Update from Inga about last night

Well I can see why he doesn't want visitors. Last night was anything but restful. Nurses coming in every few hours for vitals, plus bathroom breaks-I bet he was up six times between midnight and six. So was I. I had to come home and take a nap.

His MRI took 2 1/2 hours. Normal MRI's usually run 1/2 hour. Poor guy, he was kind of upset when he got out. Our favorite nurse Sherry took him the rest of the way to his room and got him set up. Then came and gave him a hug before she left to go home and called him "her special patient." That made him feel good.

We had dinner. Ken had tomato soup and for dessert, chocolate milk. He ate it pretty fast, I was surprised. I shouldn't be, he hasn't eaten since Sunday morning. He thanked me and said it was good. So I think he enjoyed it.

Then we watched a movie and got to see the fireworks outside of our window. We toasted our water in our champagne glasses and tried to sleep.

I don't see alot happening today, because of the holiday. But I'll post tonight if there is. -Inga

No comments:

Post a Comment