Saturday, January 16, 2010

January 16th, 2010 (Saturday) Update from Inga

Okay! I think we may finally be on track with this stupid feeding tube. He is supposed to start receiving food this evening, and it should run until tomorrow morning. I don't want to get my hopes up, but I think we're good.... I think.... I hope.... Good.... Okay. Honestly, they should have just given Kenny the tools and let him fix it himself. Not only would he have fixed it faster, but he would probably have re-fit and re-engineered the whole system until the original design was improved. But that's just the way he rolls....

Ken hasn't requested pain killers for two days, now. The actual surgery site of the feeding tube 'installation' is healing nicely. His head is clearer, and he was much more talkative today. Still grumpy, but more talkative. One thing he expressed strongly today was his wish for no visitors. He expressed his understanding that so many people are desperately wanting to help, but he reiterated that, for right now, he wants to be left alone. There is nothing anyone can do, at this point. It pains me to say it, but even close family are being turned away at times. So show him your love by honoring his wishes. That will make him happy. And, hang on to those good intentions, because somewhere, sometime soon, down the road, there will be opportunities for all to help.

I told him to 'eat good' tonight, and get some sleep, because tomorrow, he is taking me for a walk! Time for me to rest up, too. Goodnight everyone. God bless. -Inga

2 comments:

  1. We understand,& just want to help in any we can
    luv Walt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Da!
    Sorry I haven't left any comments lately. Our computer has been out of commission, and forget about using Katelyn's after her homecoming! We got it booted up from the original DVDs, so keep your fingers crossed that that is all it takes to keep it going for awhile. I am glad to hear that they have figured out the feeding tube issue (maybe). Tell Grumpy we are all rooting for him. P.S. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the wee little mats...so cute!

    ReplyDelete